Technology is always changing and becoming more advanced. We find ourselves needing to replace our old technology with newer, better models and sometimes don’t know what we can do with the old ones. Do you have an old computer monitor sitting in your office? Here are 7 Things You Can Do with an Old Computer Monitor.
Table Of Contents
7 Things You Can Do with an Old Computer Monitor
Whether you need an old monitor for a project or you are just looking for some new ideas, there are many uses for your old computer monitor. In this article, find out 7 of the best things you can do with an old computer monitor.
Convert a monitor into a planter
1. If you have an old computer monitor that you’re no longer using, you can repurpose it as a planter for your plants. All you need to do is remove the screen from the monitor and drill some holes in the back for drainage. Then, fill the monitor with potting soil and plant your favorite flowers or plants.
2. You can also use an old monitor as a doorstop. Just remove the screen from the monitor and place it under your door to keep it from closing.
3. If you’re feeling creative, you can use an old monitor as a picture frame. Remove the screen from the monitor and insert your favorite photo or artwork. Then, use the monitor’s stand to prop up the frame.
4. Finally, you can donate your old monitor to a local school or community centre. They may be able to use it for their computer lab or other needs.
Use it as a TV stand
If you have an old computer monitor that you’re no longer using, you can repurpose it as a TV stand. Simply set the monitor on a table or other surface and place your TV on top of it. You can use the monitor’s base as a shelf for your TV remote, cable box, or other devices. This is a great way to save space and get rid of an unused item.
Another option is to use the monitor as a digital picture frame. You can load up your favorite photos onto the monitor and set it to display them in a slideshow. This is a great way to add some personalization to your home and enjoy your favorite memories.
If you’re feeling creative, you can also use the monitor as a blank canvas for art. Paint or draw directly on the screen to create your own masterpiece. You can also use stickers, decals, or other materials to decorate the screen. This is a great way to let your creativity shine.
There are many ways to repurpose an old computer monitor. If you have one that you’re no longer using, get creative and put it to good use.
Old Computer Monitor as a Secondary Display Screen
You can create your own ultrawide gaming experience by using old computer monitors as both primary and secondary displays.
You will need to purchase an adapter for each device if you are looking for a multi-monitor setup on just one laptop or desktop computer. A lot of newer devices (especially laptops) only have USB 3.0 ports which are limited in number, so you’ll want to make sure the adapters/docks include USB 3.0 connectivity before buying them!
Read also: Why are Gaming Monitors so Expensive?
Turn it into a fire pit
If you have an old computer monitor that you’re no longer using, you can repurpose it into a fire pit. This is a great way to get rid of an old piece of technology and create something unique for your home.
To turn your old monitor into a fire pit, you’ll need to remove the screen. You can do this by unscrewing the back panel of the monitor. Once the back panel is off, you should be able to carefully pull the screen away from the rest of the monitor. Be careful not to damage the screen as you do this.
Once the screen is removed, you can place the monitor on top of a fire pit or outdoor fireplace. If you don’t have either of these, you can simply build a small fire in your backyard and place the monitor on top of it. Just make sure that the monitor is placed on something that won’t burn.
Once your fire is going, enjoy your new outdoor fire pit!
Turning Old Computer Monitor Into a Game Emulator
Hobbyist computers can run games from different times, such as the era of early arcade machines or even old PC systems. Owning an arcade cabinet doesn’t have to be expensive or time-consuming. Arcade veterans are always looking for ways to save money and find shortcuts when building their gaming rigs. So that’s one of things regarding Things You Can Do with an Old Computer Monitor.
Here a video, this might help sorting out your old computer monitor
Reuse it for art, crafting, or even DJ equipment
There are many things you can do with an old computer monitor. If you are creative, you can use it for art or crafting. You can also use it for DJ equipment.
If you are not creative, you can still reuse your old monitor. Many people use them as a second monitor for their computer. You can also use it as a TV. All you need is a TV tuner card and an antenna.
You might like: Best Monitors For Fighting Games
Make an art installation out of the old monito
1. Make an art installation out of the old monitor: If you have an old computer monitor that you’re no longer using, you can repurpose it into a piece of art. You can use it as part of a collage or sculpture, or even just Hang it on the wall as is.
2. Use it as a secondary monitor: If you have a spare computer monitor, you can use it as a secondary monitor for your computer. This can be helpful if you want to have more space to work on multiple projects at once.
3. Turn it into a digital picture frame: If you have some old family photos or other images that you want to display, you can turn your old computer monitor into a digital picture frame. Simply upload the images onto the monitor and set them to rotate through automatically.
4. Donate it to a local school or library: If you don’t want to keep your old computer monitor, you can donate it to a local school or library. They may be able to use it for their own computers or for students who cannot afford their own monitors.
There are several questions that people still ask as far as Things You Can Do with an Old Computer Monitor is concerned. We tried answering most of them here below.
Are old monitors worth anything?
Yes, they do! I think we are covered this specific question quite nicely in this article thoroughly. You can try one of the above 7 Things You Can Do with an Old Computer Monitor, and that is how it will worth it in someway.
Can monitors run without a PC?
No, monitors can’t run without a PC. To answer the question of whether or not a monitor can run without a PC, first consider what a monitor does. A monitor is another word for television. And televisions don’t have any other function than to display images and play sounds, so running on its own it would be pretty boring.
What can I do with an old monitor?
An old monitor can be used for many things. For example, you can use an old monitor as a TV stand for your new TV. You can just take your old monitor and use it as a TV stand for your new television. There’s no need to buy an expensive TV stand.